Johanna Ciampa, Founder and CEO of Danceador, graduated with a degree in dance and minors in media arts and geography from the University of Montana. She also completed programs in entrepreneurship and entertainment management. Throughout her life she has been involved in the performing arts and film, and travels to experience these passions in new ways with people of varied backgrounds. Her last adventure was in Ladakh, India, where she was a part of a team that documented Cham, a movement ritual performed by Buddhist monks. Prior, she created a documentary, “Wontanara: A Demonstration of Heart” of her travels to Guinea-Conakry, Africa, to study and perform dances from the Baga and Susu tribes.
Movement is our oldest form of communication – when conveyed in dance it is living heritage and art passed from generation to generation. We dance to express our hearts and souls, to have fun, and to bring people together. Yet even as you read this, dances are disappearing. UNESCO predicts more than half of our verbal and nonverbal communication could be gone by the end of the century.
Danceador is a dance ambassador movement that makes it easy and rewarding for anyone to play a part in educating about, preserving, and celebrating our global dance legacy. Danceador.com is The Virtual Dance Ambassador, an online portal that currently allows you to upload, discover, and share global dance content. This is an inclusive dance resource that welcomes all styles of dance from anywhere in the world. Dances can be searched by dance type or by zooming into our map feature.
Our Mission is to preserve and celebrate human expression.
Our Vision is to empower dance as a living art and heritage through global education, preservation and celebration. We spread joy and promote cross-cultural understanding.
Danceador’s 3 levels of value:
1. Education – Create and produce movement content and curriculum, including interviews with movement artists and organizations.
2. Preservation – Aggregate and disseminate quality movement content while building a network of dance ambassadors and ethnographers.
3. Celebration – Collaborate with dancers and organizations to express and share dance through promotion, culturally innovative programs, and event creation.
Help to keep dance alive! It’s part of our DNA.
How can you help?
2. Enter our 2017 Lose Yourself to Dance Video Contest on Danceador.com
3. Request an interview for our “Move & Tell” series
4. Like/Follow/Share with us on Danceador FB, Instagram, and Twitter - Tag danceador or #danceador
5. Spread the word - Say hello - Introduce us to others - Give us feedback
Johanna Ciampa | Founder
c: 725-33D-ANCE (725-333-2623)
Danceador.com - The Virtual Dance Ambassador
“Dance is the hidden language of the soul”
― Martha Graham